Position: Document Control and Training Specialist
Working with and talking about ice cream… how cool is that?
Behind every bite of Cookie Dough and every scoop of Panda Paws is a passionate team bringing hard work and creative ideas to the table. For over 100 years, Perry’s Ice Cream has been bringing people together to celebrate life’s moments, and you can be a part of this magic.
If you enjoy ice cream and collaborating with others, Perry’s is the place for you! We provide a rewarding supportive environment, and are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals to join our growing team! Plus, you get to be around ice cream. Who could ask for anything more?
About this role:
The individual in this salaried position will serve as an administrative resource for the Research and Quality Assurance teams. This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing verification, validation and training of the Quality Management System that supports the manufacturing and distribution of Safe, Quality Foods and Services.
- Create, monitor, update, validate and verify policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and correct format of technical documents. Provide proof that activities have been completed and documents exist that will be reviewed as part of any investigation, or as a basis to make continuous improvement decisions upon
- Scrutinize correctness of language and policies to match standards
- Coordinate, conduct; monitor and track food safety, human safety and security training across all teams who handle and/or transport food
- Participate as an active member of the HACCP Team
- Monitor and maintain appropriate regulatory licenses for distribution into other states and countries
- Maintain various customer required databases and information
- Support consumer affairs investigations
- Understand regulations and requirements as related to NYS Agriculture and Markets, FDA, National Organic Program, Food Safety Modernization Act, Kosher Compliance, customers, SQF and the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
- Schedule and support audits. Communicate audit findings and corrective actions both internally and externally as required
- Support team meetings with presentation content, design, and act as scribe
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned
- Please read the below requirements and check off all the tasks/procedures/deliverables you can perform.
- B.S. in Food Science (i.e. Dairy Science, Biological Sciences), Business, or related field, or A.A.S. with 5 years or more experience in food processing and/ or food ingredient environments
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with leaders, team members, and outside contacts
- Willing to obtain PCQI, HACCP, and other certifications as appropriate for the business
- Proactive in seeking ways to streamline administrative processes. Anticipate needs, gather information, and offer assistance/recommend solutions whenever need arises
- Demonstrate sound independent judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive materials and confidential information with discretion and tact
- Capable of effectively organizing and managing several projects
8am to 5pm / Monday to Friday – Requires flexibility for weekend/off shift training, and departmental support
In addition to the general perks of getting work with ice cream and a fantastic team all day, Perry’s also offers:
- Health Insurance & Wellness Programs
- Employer Paid Dental Plans
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Paid Family Leave
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance & Opportunities for Continuous Learning & Promotion
Anyone interested in applying for this position, please visit https://careers-perrysicecream.icims.com/jobs/1899/job
(Posted July 15, 2021)
* * *
For any other opportunities, IFT’s Career Center is the premier destination to help you find or fill a position in the science of food. Please check IFT’s Career Center and other career development opportunities here