Company: Fee Brothers
Position: Intern: Food Science – QA/Regulatory
The Intern position will be exposed to and learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures related to manufacturing, product development, food safety and regulatory guidelines. The Intern’s primary focus will be computer-based projects, including attaining certification for Kosher, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free for all Fee Brothers’ SKUs.
Additional duties may include: assisting the Batch Maker in manufacturing, quality assurance functions, sensory analysis, and food safety plans, administrative/office work, and other tasks that support Fee Brothers business goals
- Complete applications for Kosher, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Lactose-Free certifications for all Fee Brothers’ products
- Communicating directly with Suppliers, Certification Bodies and Fee Brother employees to coordinate completion of certificate applications
- Work closely with Food Scientist and Batch Maker
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- As time permits work on other Food Safety Plans such as Food Defense Plans
- Shadow multiple positions and train in in diverse tasks to learn about the industry
- Maintaining organization with all documents
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- Enrolled in an Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a similar field preferred
- Knowledge or interest in Food Regulatory Standards, Quality Assurance, Food Safety and/or Food Labeling
- Intermediate or above computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Knowledge of regulatory certifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time sensitive material.
- Excellent organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Busy environment with multiple interactions and interruptions throughout the day.
- Must be able taste and smell.
- Frequently exposed to strong product odors.
- Must lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If interested in applying, please respond to email@example.com with email subject “Food Science Intern”, resume and cover letter attached. Cheers!
(Posted Feb 08, 2022)
* * *
For any other opportunities, IFT’s Career Center is the premier destination to help you find or fill a position in the science of food. Please check IFT’s Career Center and other career development opportunities here