Company: ABH Pharma
Position: R&D Scientist
The R&D Scientist is responsible for understanding project objectives and the impact on the business; developing a project plan and testing methods to accomplish the project at-hand, making recommendations based on the data analyzed, and implementing the results.
Demonstrate sense of urgency and resourcefulness in completing various assignments involving both standard operations and developmental research with minimal to no supervision.
This is a list of the essential functions; however other duties may apply:
- Formulate and prepare different types of powder based products for various applications, following their development from inception to completion.
- Plan, design and conduct experiments to develop new products and product optimization.
- Design powder based products that adhere to regulatory guidelines, ensure that products meet consumer success criteria parameters, while also meeting commercial sale necessities, such as quality and cost requirements.
- Design products to ensure it is reproducible, while considering the impact on plant operations.
- Understands flavor systems and flavoring
- Understands basic chemistry and elemental formulation
- Provide creative engineering expertise to the company’s R&D and Product Development Teams, while also supporting critical production issues.
- Provide technical reports for all applicable data collections and studies associated with product development and/or problem solving technical services.
- Maintains an active development program for self-improvement of skills and knowledge.
- Follows good safety practices in performance of daily job responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure Manuals (e.g. AATB standards), Safety Protocols and current Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure quality assurance and compliance
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities
- Routinely wash lab ware used in GMP manufacture
- Conducts testing of formulations including analytical and sensory testing throughout the development process
- Meets with vendors and finds ingredients needed for projects from ingredient suppliers
- Works with Purchasing and supervisor in finding and qualifying new packaging
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (Food Science, Food Technology, or Food Chemistry).
Experience: One to Five years in food or beverage development
Other Skills or certifications:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must exercise good judgment and professionalism
- Must be supportive of company culture and values
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Genesis
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to Admin@abhpharma.com
* * *
Company: Perry’s Ice Cream
Position: Food Technologist
Perry’s Ice Cream supports the production of safe, high-quality products, and team member safety is number one! We are a fourth generation family owned company that began in 1918. H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition of quality transfers to everything Perry’s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in our team members successes and provide a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. From the Perry’s Ice Cream family to your family, our social mission is to serve our communities by working to provide programs that sweeten the quality of life.
- Participate in all areas of Research and Development including:
- Product Development
- Process Improvements
- Project Management
- Cost Control
- Formulation and Formula Maintenance
- Labeling and Nutritional requirements
- Product Packaging
- Work as a team with Quality Assurance, Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations
- Creatively work on product concepts and see them to implementation including bench top, pilot plant, plant trials, and production runs
- Develop and participate in tests and evaluations of ingredients and equipment needed to support product development and cost improvements
- Conduct effective sensory evaluation sessions of existing, new, and competitors’ products, ingredients, or process modifications. Then perform statistical analyses of data
- Prepare product descriptions, ingredient declarations, nutritional information and calculations
- Maintain R&D records including:
- Ingredient Specifications
- Nutritional databases
- Information on product specifications and codes
- Perform computer-assisted operations in development of formulations
- Assist Marketing in packaging development, including reviews and sign offs at various stages of development
- Serve as a resource to the QC Lab providing necessary assistance and training as the needs of the department or company may dictate
- Participate in cross functional team-based functions related to quality, cost, delivery, safety, and morale in support of company and department goals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- B.S. in Food Science or related field (i.e. Dairy Science, Biological Sciences), or A.A.S. in Food Science or related field with 4 years or more experience in food processing and/ or food ingredient environments.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn programs as the position may dictate in a reasonable time period. Should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook, OWL software or equivalent software.
- Experienced in effective management of projects in support of new food product/food processing development.
- Willingness to learn and participate in all facets of production related activities associated with understanding all facets of food processing and storage associated with frozen dessert manufacturing
- Experience demonstrating ability to function and contribute to projects within cross functional
teams (i.e. marketing, sales, purchasing, production, and finance)
- Willingness to participate in travel including overnight travel in support of product development or training as the need arises
- Strong orientation promoting/executing safety initiatives
- Strong creativity skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to taste dairy products and other allergenic ingredients.
- Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)- Must follow the Company guidelines and vision to enhance and create a positive safety & GMP environment
- Flexibility – work may be performed on all shifts and weekends.
- Planning: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
What we have to offer…
Ice Cream!!! But besides that delicious benefit! This position offers competitive pay based on experience. At Perry’s Ice Cream we believe in a work life balance. All of this and we offer other sweet benefits for regular full-time team members!
To apply, please visit https://careers-perrysicecream.icims.com/ to complete the application.
* * *