Position: Production Supervisor – Flex Scheduler
About this role:
As a core member of our manufacturing and production team, you will be a key leader for our production team and will be expected to:
- Lead the ongoing development and implementation of equipment and facility cleaning processes and procedures.
- Facilitate ice cream production operations which occur during shift
- Lead the step-function improvements required of the manufacturing team to be a safe, highly efficient, continuous manufacturer.
- Support the production of a safe, high quality product and team member safety.
- Work in a team environment and encourage team members to interact and engage in a positive manner of respect and cooperation
As your employer, Perry’s will help you to achieve all of the above goals through feedback, education, and continuous professional development.
- Support the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members; ensure adherence to policy and procedures for cleaning of equipment and manufacture of products.
- Work to resolve daily operational issues to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Plan and coordinate resource allocation to achieve or exceed quality and manufacturing targets.
- Coach and motivate team members to exceed expectations by communicating job performance standards and providing timely and consistent feedback.
- Manage training and reinforce communication of team member safety, sanitation practices, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and company policies.
- Evaluate labor, supplies, chemical usage, and disposal costs to determine efficiencies and develop performance improvement actions.
- Manage weekly team member schedules and submit accurate timekeeping records for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Develop performance improvement plans as appropriate and administer corrective action as needed.
- Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) – must follow the Company guidelines and vision to enhance and create a positive safety & GMP environment.
- Team: scheduling, performs employee performance evaluations, and holds disciplinary/coaching meetings as needed.
- Flexible scheduling for self: Some scheduling is determined by hours of operation, events and special projects;
- Reading and comprehension abilities for proper use of chemicals. Able to read, analyze, and interpret ingredient specifications and recipes, and or regulatory requirements.
- Plan schedules and coordinate cleaning projects with Maintenance team.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors and team
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in manufacturing with leadership responsibility. Dairy operations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Dairy or Food Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of employment laws and OSHA safety regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning/Scheduling skills with the ability to think ahead and plan short and long term
- Ability to work primarily on 2nd shift, with flexibility to support all shifts on occasion
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and inspire performance results
- Objective, data-based problem analysis and resolution; orientation toward proactive performance improvement
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to be trained in facility procedures, Critical Control Points (CCPs) and upon completion of training, demonstrate knowledge
- Someone who is extremely detail oriented and never content to settle for less than the expected results
- Ability to assist in the development, organization and participation of Team in departmental and corporate training
- Good time management in planning work schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
This schedule will vary week to week between nights and days to cover time off. Generally this will be a rotating 12-hour schedule at either 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am, working every other weekend. Flexibility is required.
Anyone interested in applying for this position, please visit https://careers-perrysicecream.icims.com/jobs/1783/job
(Posted Jan 19, 2021)
* * *
For any other opportunities, IFT’s Career Center is the premier destination to help you find or fill a position in the science of food. Please check IFT’s Career Center and other career development opportunities here