Company: ABH Pharma
Position: R&D Scientist
The R&D Scientist is responsible for understanding project objectives and the impact on the business; developing a project plan and testing methods to accomplish the project at-hand, making recommendations based on the data analyzed, and implementing the results.
Demonstrate sense of urgency and resourcefulness in completing various assignments involving both standard operations and developmental research with minimal to no supervision.
This is a list of the essential functions; however other duties may apply:
- Formulate and prepare different types of powder based products for various applications, following their development from inception to completion.
- Plan, design and conduct experiments to develop new products and product optimization.
- Design powder based products that adhere to regulatory guidelines, ensure that products meet consumer success criteria parameters, while also meeting commercial sale necessities, such as quality and cost requirements.
- Design products to ensure it is reproducible, while considering the impact on plant operations.
- Understands flavor systems and flavoring
- Understands basic chemistry and elemental formulation
- Provide creative engineering expertise to the company’s R&D and Product Development Teams, while also supporting critical production issues.
- Provide technical reports for all applicable data collections and studies associated with product development and/or problem solving technical services.
- Maintains an active development program for self-improvement of skills and knowledge.
- Follows good safety practices in performance of daily job responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure Manuals (e.g. AATB standards), Safety Protocols and current Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure quality assurance and compliance
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities
- Routinely wash lab ware used in GMP manufacture
- Conducts testing of formulations including analytical and sensory testing throughout the development process
- Meets with vendors and finds ingredients needed for projects from ingredient suppliers
- Works with Purchasing and supervisor in finding and qualifying new packaging
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (Food Science, Food Technology, or Food Chemistry).
Experience: One to Five years in food or beverage development
Other Skills or certifications:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must exercise good judgment and professionalism
- Must be supportive of company culture and values
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Genesis
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to Admin@abhpharma.com
Company: Perry’s Ice Cream Company, Inc.
Position: Production & Sanitation Supervisor (2nd shift evenings)
Perry’s Ice Cream Company is seeking an experienced production supervisor with a collaborative approach to join our team!
The regular work schedule is Mon-Fri evenings typically 2:00PM to 11:00pm. Some flexibility is required.
- Support the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety.
- Provide leadership and direction to sanitation and operation team members; ensure adherence to policy and procedures for cleaning of equipment and manufacture of products.
- Resolve daily operational issues to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Plan and coordinate resource allocation to achieve or exceed quality and manufacturing targets.
- Communicate job performance standards to team members and provide timely and consistent feedback; coach and motivate team members to exceed expectations.
- Manage training and reinforcement communication of team member safety, sanitation practices, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and company policies.
- Evaluate labor, supplies, chemical usage, and disposal costs to determine efficiencies and develop performance improvement actions.
- Manage weekly team member schedules and submit accurate timekeeping records for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Develop performance improvement plans as appropriate and administer corrective action as needed.
- Work closely with UAW leadership and Joint Operations Leadership Team (JOLT) members to assure a proactive and mutually respectful labor – management relationships.
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in manufacturing/sanitation with direct leadership responsibility. Dairy operations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of employment laws and OSHA safety regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning/Scheduling skills with the ability to think ahead and plan short and long term
- Flexibility to support all shifts on occasion with primary work schedule on 2nd shift
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and inspire performance results
- Objective, data-based problem analysis and resolution; orientation toward proactive performance improvement
- Willingness to be trained in facility procedures, Critical Control Points (CCPs) and upon completion of training, demonstrate knowledge
More detail and submit online application here
* * *